Tuesday 5 February 2008

Framed Collage

This is a framed collage for the bathroom. I bought several second-hand frames and painted them with poster paints (there's a bit of a dilemma, poster paints fade quickly, but they are probably more environmentally friendly than acrylics and certainly more convenient than emulsion unless you're decorating the house which we're not! Natural Collection no longer seems to stock their 100% natural paints - does anyone know anywhere that sells genuinely natural paints that can be used for this type of work?). The frame is finished off with a seahorse stamp. The collage is a couple of photos from magazines (the smaller picture is a boat, the light caught it so it may not be clear!) and a French postage stamp.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems upside down to me - perhaps I'm crazy!!

www.freewebs.com/sthomassummers

Crafty Green Poet said...

no its the right way round, as i said though the boat isn't very clear andmight I suppose look upside down,

Ričardas said...

you are naturally green :)

mm said...

Oh, oh. You are giving me such good ideas for my bare walls, CGP. Thank you!

AscenderRisesAbove said...

I really like this. I think the most interesting part is how you created it in a museum style layout. nicely done


ascenderrisesabove.com/wordpress

Andree said...

these would look wonderful in my old house. I need to learn how to be handy and crafty, so thank you for the ideas.