Wednesday 28 January 2015

Update on the Crafty Green Poet Etsy shop

Since finishing my novel I've upcycled a couple of damaged necklaces. Including a couple of items I'd already made, these two necklaces (which were admittedly long necklaces with multiple chains!) have become:

two bookmarks

This bookmark is now in the Crafty Green Poet Etsy shop, you can see it here.

This bookmark is also in my Etsy shop here.


two bracelets,

this bracelet (ideal as a Valentines Gift?) is also in my Etsy shop here.



two pairs of earrings
 These earrings are now also in my Etsy shop you can see them here.
 
these earrings plus the matching necklace are now in in my Etsy shop  - you can see them here.

 and a beaded lanyard


This lanyard is now in my Etsy shop, you can see it here.

All these items were made by taking apart the various sections of the chains, putting them together in different ways and moving the charms around.


Plus there are 4 hoops which I'm using to make two beaded curtain tie-backs! I'm in the middle of making these and they will also be in my Etsy shop soon.

*****


Like many other Etsy sellers, I was pleased that Etsy has taken on dealing with VAT on the sale of digital items, since the new EU rules came in (which requires sellers to register for VAT in the country of purchase).

This means that my poetry e-book Bougainvillea Dancing is once again available in pdf format in my Etsy shop. Given the recent devastating floods in Malawi, all the profits of this book will now go to Voluntary Service Overseas for their work in Malawi.

VSO’s programme in Malawi concentrates on HIV and AIDS, health and social wellbeing, secure livelihoods (food security) and education in seven rural and remote districts. The districts were chosen due to their excessive poverty levels, high prevalence of HIV and AIDS, and low involvement of other international charities.

 

5 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Pretty items, I really like the bookmarks and bracelets.. Have a happy day!

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Hi Juliet!
I especially like the earrings with the round, clear circles. Alas, I have been given several nice bookmarks that I cannot find. I usually just remember the page I'm on, to use the closest thing at hand to stick in the book. (Note to self:Josephine does Not make a good bookmark.)
I'm excited for you about your forthcoming novel!
:) m & jb (who is on enforced rest due to a cold)

TexWisGirl said...

the simple bookmark is really nice!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Good morning, Juliet! I love the term "upcycled' :)

I love that you've done with these.

Bob Bushell said...

Love the Necklaces, well made.