Tuesday 6 August 2013

Quiet Forest

Edinburgh's Forest Cafe has become a poetry installation for the day! Organised by Inky Fingers,      Quiet Forest is an exhibition of poetry installations, poetry activities and interactive poetry. 

I'm delighted to have some poetry windchimes / hanging mobiles as part of the exhibition:

 
a wrought iron fence – spotted with rust and ladybirds

 
I locked my secret
in my heart -
told no-one but my dog
who ran away.


  
summer shower -
raindrops sparkle
on roses

  
the last birdsong of summer -
the first falling leaves
**

All my mobiles are made using reclaimed materials and poetry fragments inspired by the materials.

**
The whole cafe is now full of poetry from:
Marc Malone, Rebecca Green, Rita Bradd, Alexander Champion, Steven Fraser, JA Sutherland,  Stewart Hogg, Stephanie Arsoska (and me).

Here's it being set up this morning, which gives you an idea of how part of the space looks:

So if you're in Edinburgh, why not pop along and enjoy the poetry! And have some of the Forest Cafe's delcious vegan food while you're there.

Quiet Forest is at The Forest Cafe until 10pm tonight.

Crafty Green Boyfriend and I will be there later and I'm hoping to get some good photos of the other artist's works and post them here tomorrow. 

12 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Juliet,

So wish I could be there at the Forest cafe - looks like fun and all the best for the exhibition.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Optimistic Existentialist said...

This makes me wish I lived there so that I could see this exhibit :)

Pete Thompson said...

What a great idea - may have to pinch it for my own garden. I love the idea and your poetry - wish I could see it.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Draffin Vears, Optimistic - thanks!

Pete - thanks and it would be a great idea for a garden!

Kat Mortensen said...

Looks very interesting. The wind-chimes put me in mind of Calder. Not that I'm an expert on him, by any means, I just know he was into mobile art.

It would be fun to be there in Edinburgh at the Forest Cafe. That display case is calling to me.

TexWisGirl said...

the mobiles are great.

Ms Sparrow said...

What a clever idea! It should be a popular display.

bunnits said...

What a delightful place.

Bill said...

File under "funny coincidence"

Or, more optimistically, "great minds thinking alike"

sky clearing
a new sparkle
on the rose

(Written a few weeks ago)

A delightful post entirely

The Weaver of Grass said...

What a lovely idea Juliet.

Tommaso Gervasutti said...

Great photos and haikus. I love wind chimes.

Thank you for your note, I should find a Japanese man fan.

Little Miss Titch said...

looks lovely,xx