Thursday 28 April 2011

Tree Year

The cherry trees, even the pink ones, are already mostly past their best, I took the above photo by the Water of Leith yesterday, while the photo below goes back a few days more, when they were still at their best.



I finally managed to get a decent photo of the male hornbeam catkins, see below, this is on one of the hornbeams in the group along the Water of Leith, that I photographed in this post.


And finally, this is an apple tree in the 'Hidden Meadow' near Redhall Gardens along the Water of Leith. I took the photo yesterday, and the air was full of birdsong and the sun was shining beautifully. A perfect Spring day.


7 comments:

none said...

Oooh!!
Exquisite photos!
The best I've seen of the hornbeams.
:)

Dartford Warbler said...

Beautiful blossoms. Ours are beginning to fade and fall this week.

Caroline Gill said...

I love your blossom! I fear though that it has all come so early this year - but a bumper show, all the same.

HKatz said...

That's beautiful, thanks for sharing.

Cherry blossoms are one of my favorite parts of spring.

Anonymous said...

Now, this is what spring is supposed to look like!

UK said...

This is a precious post..pretty awesome!

Anonymous said...

So glad you're blogging the trees - these are lovely and so very evocative of spring.