Saturday 5 September 2020

September sunshine on Corstorphine Hill

 It's been a beautifully sunny day today. ( I know, in this recent post, I said we shouldn't present sunshine as the only nice weather, but it has been raining a lot recently here in Edinburgh, and just for variety alone, it's nice to get some sunshine!).

We had a lovely walk round Corstorphine Hill, which is feeling very autumnal now, as the flowers are seeding 


The rosebay willow herb has almost entirely seeded and the seeds are floating around the hill 

It's the same for the thistles too

Meanwhile the oak trees are producing acorns 

On some of the oak trees, the acorns have been taken over by gall wasps 




2 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

September is one of my favourite months.
A nice selection of photographs, those acorns look good.

All the best Jan

Rambling Woods said...

We have one oak tree in our woods and I can see it from my deck..Hopefully, it will stay well....