Thursday 20 March 2008

Tagged

Penny tagged me with this meme: 1. Link to the person that tagged you - 2. Post the rules on your blog - 3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself - 4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs - 5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their site.

I found it really difficult to think of six truly unimportant things that would be worth blogging! So here after much thinking are six seemingly unimportant things about me, but each has some environmental impact:

  • I always carry a fabric carrier bag with me in my handbag.
  • I love second hand shops
  • I drink too much tea (but its always organic and fairtrade so its ethical tea!)
  • I prefer to shower rather than have a bath
  • I collect interesting things to reuse in collages
  • I take the bus to work

I'm not going to tag anyone, as I've done that quite a lot recently and there are a lot of memes like this doing the rounds. But if you want to join in, feel free and let me know in the comments!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just curious, but why do you prefer a shower to a bath ? :-)

Crafty Green Poet said...

it wakes me up in the morning, plus we don't have a bath in this flat, so I don't actually have a choice...

Anonymous said...

(I shower too b/c it uses less water and I'm a firm believer in conservation.)

I use recyclable items in collages, some so unusual it makes for an interesting opening "artist talk" for my shows. :)

A relative of mine used a fabric carrier. That's a good idea, J. I need to adopt that one. 2nd-hand shops are gr8! It combines bargain hunting and saving our earth. We give tons of things to charity- so much better than adding to the landfill. UGH!

I'm considered quirky in an affectionate way by those close to me. I don't think any habit would be interesting to bloggers, though!

Artistically,
gel { * * }

Anonymous said...

(amendment; I take a very quick shower, but I think a tub might actually use less water. oops!)

gel

Crafty Green Poet said...

Gel - it depends how much water you like in your tub, plus what type of shower you have, power showers use a lot of water but other showers use less.

AscenderRisesAbove said...

ethical tea... i like that. and i collect found objects to reuse too. amazing what you can find when you just look down

ascenderrisesabove.com/wordpress

Anonymous said...

Tick, tick, tick to all of your points. I collect stuff to reuse but not necessarily in a collage (not being of a crafty disposition) but mainly because I see something memorable in it. (Like a vintage card or a piece of seaglass.)

Everydaythings said...

I have a Q for you that I am asking as someone has told me that the newer type of dishwashers use LESS water than hand washing the dishes... surely this cant be true?? I thought you being greeen and enviro aware...may know if that is the case so I thought I'd ask here. I dont like dishwashers and wont have one and wash dishes no matter how many by hand - the other person said I was wasting my time and the water issue is negligent.