Monday 24 July 2017

Sunshine at Silverknowes

I had to go to the dentist today but afterwards I had time to walk down to the Firth of Forth at Silverknowes.

It's nice to see that some of the grassland has been allowed to run a little wild so there are quite a few flowers around which you can get more of an idea of in the photo below. 

I saw a few butterflies too, including two meadow browns, so I've added these into the Big Butterfly Count which is going on at the moment.

When I approached the bus stop, I stopped by this rose bush to take in the lovely delicate scents of its flowers and to admire the number of bees that were buzzing round! There were honey bees, common carder bumble bees and buff tailed bumble bees.



6 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty spot for a walk. It is great to see the bees happy. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

Magyar said...

__ Grand photos, too your good collection of thoughts.
Nature feeds nature, and they that are fed... give back. _m

leas grow wild
as natures flowers feed
bees gather

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Juliet,

Lovely place to walk to, especially after a trip to the dentist.
Have a great week
hugs
Carolyn

Jamie Purves said...

'in those bright, stainless fields beside the sea', J.B. Selkirk(d 1904). I wonder if the silver in the name refers to sand dunes or less romantically salt pans!

Crafty Green Poet said...

Hi Jamie, there are no sand dunes or salt pans at Silverknowes, not these days anyway

Lynn said...

I like that you capped off a visit to the dentist with a visit to this lovely place.