Tuesday 10 April 2018

Spring?

In some places today, such as the 'Hidden Meadow' near the Water of Leith, if you overlook the daffodils it almost felt like November rather than April

However, the larch trees know it's Spring, my favourite larch (which I followed for Tree Following back in 2014) has a lot of flowers starting to emerge now - this year I managed to capture them at an earlier stage of development than ever before

though some of the flowers are at their beautiful best already


They are later in developing than in earlier years - in this post here I collected all my photos of the development of the larch flowers in 2014, which shows them being well in bloom by 26 March. 





5 comments:

Gwil W said...

I'm sorry I missed draw a bird day but I was on holiday. Anyway, I only saw pigeons and seagulls. Thankfully we have sunshine for the next week at least. Sun gives energy.

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Those larch flowers are so beautiful, not a sight I will ever see here. This afternoon has just been a mist of grey

Jenn Jilks said...

This is so hopeful! We're pretty cold, here in SE Ontario.

Lowcarb team member said...

Aren't those larch flowers lovely ...

All the best Jan

RG said...

Yep - it's taking its sweet time here too! Lotsa rain and grey gloom ...