Friday 9 December 2016

Coconut Face Scrub from Butter and Bath on Etsy

I've been using this product very happily for several months now and just ordered a second tub so I thought I'd repost my original review. I can definitely recommend this for anyone looking for a reasonably priced, ethical facial exfoliant!

***

Review originally posted 7 March 2016

I'm fairly minimalist when it comes to toiletries, but I do like to have a good facial exfoliant on hand. As an Etsy seller I'm also keen to support other people selling on Etsy. This isn't my first purchase from Etsy, but it is the first time I've thought to review a product bought from Etsy.

I bought this whipped sugar scrub with organic virgin coconut oil from Butter and Bath. Butter and Bath make skin care and bath and body products in small batches. Their items are preservative free and most are vegan friendly.

It comes in a very professional tin with a hint of the tropical in the label illustration. I particularly like the quote on the receipt which says:

"Do the green thing: Reuse this paper to make origami, confetti or your next to-do list." (I'll reuse it either to write a poem or for my next birding list).

This scrub isn't to be allowed to get wet, which is something I may take a bit of getting used to, I'm so used to applying a scrub with wet fingers. At first I expected that this would mean that the scrub would be harder to apply, that it might clump together on my face but that isn't the case at all. It's really easy to rub in (with dry fingers on a wet face) and then rinses off easily too. It leaves my skin feeling pleasantly invigorated too. It is basically unscented, with just a hint of coconut.

This is the first time I've bought this product, but I suspect it won't be the last. 


1 comment:

Lowcarb team member said...

Good to read your review. Thank you.

All the best Jan