Given my New Year's resolution to make more crafts, I soon realised that I needed a real pincushion. I had found a nice design for one, which I wanted to make, but then one of our candles burned down and I realised that the lovely clay pot would make a perfect, sturdy base for a pincushion. So here it is!
I just folded a scrap of pretty fabric round a lump of the material you'd use to stuff a cushion (kapok or an artificial equivalent, I'm not quite sure which it is!) and then put the whole lot in the candle pot. So this will sit by my side as I do my sewing projects!
I have to say too, my new year's resolution is being made easier by a) inspiration from Pinterest (which is full of wonderful crafty ideas) and b) a large stash of crafting materials from a friend!