Friday 9 November 2012

Sylvain helps me with my writing!

I sat down today to work on my novel. Sylvain, the travelling French rabbit who is currently visiting us, was very interested to find out more. He was particularly happy to read the short story that features his friend Humphrey from Cottontails Baby.


Sylvain was very excited to find out that this short story will be woven back into my novel.

He also enjoyed reading Anya and the Foxgloves, my first children's story, which of course, features rabbits. (I'm not sure if that link is working, sorry!). This story was of course inspired by our old pet rabbit Anya. Sylvain enjoyed browsing this blog to read more about Anya. he particularly enjoyed this story and this meme!

Despite Sylvain's interruptions, I've managed to write a fair bit of my novel in the last couple of days. For a while I was struggling with the main storyline, but I've been having a good think about it and have a lot of ideas now on how to make it more interesting and get it moving again.

8 comments:

'Tsuki said...

Je vois que tu as désormais un conseiller littéraire hors paire, pour te conseiller : merveilleux ! ^^

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Come visit me and try writing with FIVE live bunnies American bunnies :)

The Weaver of Grass said...

Sylvain is going to become a very cultured rabbit Juliet.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Juliet,

So glad that Sylvain is helping you with your writing and must be enjoying staying with you.

Happy weekend
hugs
Carolyn

RG said...

NaNoWriMo is a good motivator!

Even with a house guest to entertain!

eileeninmd said...

Sylvain is great company, he is a great inspiration. Cute bunny and a traveler! Have a great weekend!

Owl Who Laughs said...

Sylvain sounds mighty cool! An able and agile muse.

Charlotte said...

My my, is there no end to Sylvain's talent - he is now a muse! (Hope he is not too distracting!)
xxx