Wednesday 28 December 2022

Festive Fungi

 We had a lovely walk in Craiglockart and Colinton Dells alongside the Water of Leith today. It was raining for much of our walk, but that didn't stop us! We saw a good number of fungi, some of which appear in the photos below.

Oyster mushrooms (above and below)
Below is Hairy Stereum

The two photos below both, I think, show Yellow Brain Fungus, but please correct me if you know I'm wrong! Notice the wee aphids on the fungus in the second photo.


 In the photo below, we have Purple Jellydisc

and below we have Jelly Ear Fungus

I have no idea what the fungus in the two photos below is, very strange looking, if you recognise it. I'd be very interested to know what it is! 


1 comment:

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a nice lot of fungi :)

All the best Jan