Monday 22 February 2021

Crocuses!

 There's a beautiful patch of crocuses in bloom in North Merchiston Cemetery at the moment! 


and the first bee of the year, a queen buff tailed bumble bee, too busy to stop for a photo! She was flying from flower to flower, her face all yellow with pollen.

Edited to add: I've looked through my photos again and I have better photos of her

You can see in the photo below how her face is covered in pollen (click on the photo to enlarge it)

For Nature Notes.



5 comments:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

They seem to like putting crocuses in cemeteries!

eileeninmd said...

Wow, beautiful blooms. We still have snow covering the ground.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Birgitta said...

Wonderful photos!

betty-NZ said...

I love crocuses and this field of them made me smile!

Feel free to share at My Corner of the World

Rambling Woods said...

Seeing them lifts your spirits thinking of spring