Crafty Green Boyfriend finally got his special office chair delivered to our flat a few days ago so he can work from home more comfortably. Once we managed to manoeuvre it through the slightly too narrow living room door, we noticed that one of the arm rests was starting to crack. I realised that it would be quicker to make a cover for it than to order a new arm rest so I pulled an old sock over the arm rest, secured the elastic round the back of it and then cut and sewed the toe end of the sock round the front of the arm rest:
It's always worth keeping old socks, you never know when they may come in useful.
The next repair challenge is to make a cover for the seat of another chair, I hope to be able to share the results of that soon, but it will be a more challenging project.