Tuesday 5 April 2016

All the greens of spring

 mosses and wild garlic (above and below)

 wild leeks in bloom
 horse chestnut budding
 wild leek and ivy
dogs mercury with wild garlic in background

There were splashes of other colours too, notably the larch blooms

Plus the birds were all singing, despite the rain. I stopped to listen to two song thrushes singing, one on each side of the river, answering each other. I first heard them when I walked upstream and they were still singing when I came back downstream on the other side of the river, over an hour later!

6 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love listening to the birds singing. The greens are all so pretty. Lovely images.
Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

Janneke said...

Love the bird songs too, especially the blackbirds are always singing when it's raining and calm weather. The yellow moss between the garlic is so beautiful......
I wonder why I never see my larch blooming.

Lynn said...

Spring in all its glory. Love the larch blossoms!

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

My library gardens have a thousand greens in, best seen on a wet day actually.

Lowcarb team member said...

Greens and all it's shades are always lovely to see ...

All the best Jan

Sandy said...

Lovely, inviting photos. There is nothing nicer than seeing lots of green. February and March were above average in temperature, but we seem to have fallen back into winter.