Thursday 9 December 2010

Away for a few days!

Yesterday the icicles outside our window looked like this.



Today they have almost entirely melted away. We're hoping for good train services tomorrow to take us down to Bolton to visit my parents. We'll be back hopefully in time for me to read (briefly and at short notice) at TraVerses at the Traverse Theatre, Edinburgh. I'll be (trains permitting) reading alongside a showing of Alastair Cook's film of my poem Adrift.

As ever red text contains hyperlinks to pages where you can find out more!

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Have a great trip, I'm hoping to go visit my mother next month. Icicles are always facinating.

Anonymous said...

Have fun! I like the links you add. Never know where I am going to end up.

Unknown said...

My dad's appearing in that! He plays the saxophone in Trio Verso. Have a great weekend.

Howard of Belvedere Mountain Express said...

Keep an eye out for the Cauldstane Slap from the train! You can see it on the left for a fair section of the line between Edinburgh and Carstairs, from about Kirknewton onwards. Good luck with the trains, and have a good few days away.

Titus said...

Good luck with the journey! I'm trying my utmost to get a night's pass to go to TraVerses: now, even more ammunition!

bunnits said...

Enjoy the trip and time away.

PJ said...

How exciting! I loved the film and hope to see more.

Cathy said...

Hi Juliet. Our icicles have disappeared over the weekend but are due back again tomorrow alas.

Love the film and poem Adrift. Hope you had a great time in Bolton.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Juliet,

I hope that you had a lovely visit with your family.
Good luck with the trains and the performance.
Love the icicle photo, stay warm

Hugs
Carolyn

Megan Coyle said...

Oh wow, it must really feel like winter with those icicles :)

and have a fun and safe trip!