Sunday 19 February 2023

A New Tree to Follow

 I'm a month late to joining this year's Tree Following! This year I've decided to follow the magnificent cooking apple tree in Crafty Green Boyfriend's mother's garden. 

 


This tree is almost 50 years old and produces a lot of very tasty cooking apples every year. Last year there was a particularly bountiful harvest - we made apple crumbles, gave apples to friends, family, neighbours and colleagues. I even took orders from people in the creative writing classes that I teach! And there were still plenty of apples left over for the local Fieldfares and Blackbirds to eat. Now the only apples remaining are these rotten ones sitting around the foot of the tree. 

I've loved watching this tree through the seasons over the past few years and look forward to following it over the next year. 

You can find out more about tree following and how to take part here.


2 comments:

Erika said...

The second photo looks like two trees in an embrace. Cute.

Hollis said...

A wonderful choice! I bet there will be plenty of news to report, and probably stories too.