Friday 19 July 2013

Eco2life and refillable cleaning products


I entered a competition on Pinterest a few weeks ago, the idea was to put together a Pinboard with five favourite green ideas. I didn't win the competition, but I received a runner up prize of Eco2life bath and shower cleaner.

Eco2life products are made from 100% eco-friendly ingredients and contain no caustic ingredients, no phosphates, no parabens and no petroleum solvents. Each product comes in concentrated form, you then mix the concentrate with water in a spray bottle (made from longlife plastic and with a spray that has been tested for up to 10 000 sprays) and use. 

I have to say the bath and shower cleaner smells amazing! It has a lovely fresh scent, nicer than any other bath and shower cleaning product I've used. It cleans well too, though I can't say that it cleans better than other products.

Other products produced by Eco2life are: Glass Cleaner, Floor Cleaner and Multi-surface cleaner. 

I like the fact that these products come in concentrate form, which saves packaging as you just re-use the one spray bottle over and over.

***

Other eco-friendly products are also available in refill. The New Leaf Organic Shop in Edinburgh has always offered refills on certain cleaning products, but since being taken over as a workers' co-operative, they now offer a much larger range of refills, including shampoos and liquid soaps. Just rinse out your old bottle, take it along and refill it! A great way to save waste packaging and also save a wee bit of money too.

As ever, red text contains hyperlinks that take you to other webpages where you can find out more.

4 comments:

Kat Mortensen said...

Interesting. I recently discovered that my biodegradable, phosphate-free dish soap makes a great toilet-bowl cleaner! I've been using it in my bathtub with some vinegar for quite some time, but had never tried it in the toilet. I was very happy with the result.

Incidentally, a toilet BRUSH (new one) makes a very good scrubber for your bathtub - the length of the handle makes it so much easier than getting down really low to scrub. It's better for your back.

RG said...

I like these kinds of ideas.

Nice butterfly picture - I am working on being able to better photo them, but it sure takes a lot of standing still and waiting!!!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Juliet,,

Always great to find a cleaning product which is green and good for the planet. I like buying refills that I can refill my cleaning products and shampoo.
Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Little Miss Titch said...

great idea,must try this!