Friday 7 September 2012

Robins

(Sorry to those of you who visited my blog a couple of days ago expecting robins. I'd accidentally published this post before it was ready to go up!) 

I know it's early, really, to be thinking of Christmas cards! However, we're delighted that Crafty Green Boyfriend's beautiful robin photo, which was one of the winners in last year's Friends of the Earth Christmas e-card competition, is now available as a paper card (made from 100% recycled card). You can buy it in packets of 10 cards in the Friends of the Earth online store.

We're delighted to, to have been sent a packet of the cards for our own use.


And, as the robin is one of the few birds singing at this time of the year:

above 
the traffic noise
robinsong.


As ever, red text contains hyperlinks that take you to other web-pages where you can find out more.

9 comments:

Alison Wiley said...

What a great Christmas card! I'm impressed and happy for CGB (I love his name) that Friends of the Earth chose his design. Congratulations. I notice that creative, artistic people are often drawn to each other.

Tommaso Gervasutti said...

It's a splendid and surprising robin, different from those appearing on my balcony. The redness is just a hue on their breasts, in this it's instead a very defined full red spot...maybe it is a species which doesn't exist in the south of Europe...Or maybe it is a poet and painter's touch?

Crafty Green Poet said...

Alison, of course Crafty Green Boyfriend has a real name too...

Tommaso - as far as I know this is the same robin that would be found in the south of Europe, but it's all fluffed up against the cold and the red leaps out from the cold white background so it probably looks quite different

RG said...

If I order via the FOE UK website, will I know how to pay (I don't know the cost is US) and do you think they ship to the USA ... Just wonder if you know. I can otherwise just make an order and see what happens!

Crafty Green Poet said...

Rabbits Guy, FoE do deliver overseas but the postage seems to be very expensive. I'd guess that they would convert the price automatically into dollars, but not sure. Maybe best to email them, the shop has a contact page...

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Thank you for your kind comment on my Edinburgh photos, a compliment indeed from some one who lives in the beautiful city!
Love the little robin image. :)
Vivienne

eileeninmd said...

It is a lovely bird and the photo is perfect for a Christmas Card. Congrats to your boyfriend.

Bill said...

summer's end
I walk softly but
the robin flies

SzélsőFa said...

robins are lovely all year round :)
on a side note, i attend a choir, and altough it's just early september, we are preparing for our christmas performance and rehearse all christmas related tunes. i feel that time coming :)))