Thursday 13 September 2012

Poetry in Dumfriesshire

Just back from a lovely few days in Dumfries. A trip with poetical connections. We stayed in our favourite hotel, which not only has red squirrels and otters in its grounds but also connections with Scotland's bard, Robert Burns (click on the photo below to find out more).

We also had a lovely lunch with JoAnne Mackay and her husband and even briefly got to meet Titus (though he is old now, a dignified and deaf elder statesman of a blogging dog). 

Plenty of birdwatching in very changeable weather, and I'll blog about that in the next few days.

As ever, red text contains hyperlinks that take you to other webpages where you can find out more. 


7 comments:

PJ said...

Gosh, life in Scotland is so rewarding! I'm glad you had such a lovely interlude.

PJ said...

By the way, Juliet, would you mind telling me where you got the code for the social networking buttons at the bottom of the post? I find I'm just wandering about looking for it here and there.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Lucky you, lunching with JoAnna in that lovely part of the world. We went up there on holiday a few years ago and stayed in Port Patrick - visiting lots of lovely gardens. I would love to go again.

martine said...

I have a customer called Robert Burns, I used to have others called Emily Dickinson and TS Elliot, I often wondered if they felt that they had to somehow live up to their names:-)
Much love
Martine

eileeninmd said...

Sounds like a great getaway! I will looks forward to seeing more post. Have a great day!

Dr. Cheryl Carvajal said...

I had no idea people called him Rabbie... how cute!

Such history...

Titus said...

Such a pleasure to meet you! And ah yes, the changeable weather...