Saturday 8 September 2012

Beaded bookmarks (1)

I've recently made a few beaded bookmarks, inspired by the many designs that I've seen on Etsy. I'm intending mostly to give mine away as gifts, though if I keep making more, then I will list some in the Crafty Green Poet Etsy shop! The designs in this post are the most simple ones, all you need are a few big beads and a nice piece of thick coloured thread. You simply measure the thread and add the beads at points just beyond the height of a book.





I've got a stash of various beads and I'll be sharing more designs in future posts, most of them are more complicated and take more time to make than these ones!

The book in the background is my poetry chapbook Unthinkable Skies.

12 comments:

Ms Sparrow said...

What a great idea!

Dartford Warbler said...

That is a very good idea!

dosankodebbie said...

Very charming bookmarks. This is one reason why I can't give up traditional paper books, even though I like my Kindle for some things.

bunnits said...

Oh, I love these!

Carol Steel said...

These would be great. Paper book marks seem to disappear or slide out. These would stay put because the beads on either end would hold them in place.

Bill said...

new Kindle
old bookmarks
I can't throw away

Christina said...

I like this very much.

Tommaso Gervasutti said...

Perfectly in tune with the adjective "Crafty" which in Italian is a longer, and probably less flashing, word: "ingegnoso".

RG said...

We have a couple of these - they make the book look so intriguing to pick back up!

Anonymous said...

These are neat, Juliet. So pretty, too.

SzélsőFa said...

what a great idea to use leftover strings and funny-looking beads. one may even consider creating bookmarks that match particular books. either in color, or in theme.
keep up the creative work, congrats.

Marion McCready said...

very nice, what a great idea!