Tuesday 4 May 2010

Where I Work

These are photos from near where I work, in nice offices in a converted farm building on the edge of suburban Edinburgh, with fields on two sides of us (our offices are behind the buildings in the photo above). There's a lovely walk for lunchtime up the hill to the wee farm at the top, where they have geese, goats and sheep.

Today there were small tortoiseshell and peacock butterflies, swallows, 4 skylarks (two singing and then dropping down to chase two others), plenty of goldfinches and what sounded like a grasshopper warbler, though I can't be sure and they're not exactly common! I had hoped to take some photos of the lambs and goat kids but they were nowhere to be seen. Only the horses would pose for me, but they're handsome creatures so here we are.

14 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow. That is stunning. No fauna to be seen from the window of MY office, that's for sure.

Jasmine said...

Your job sounds like a dream :)

martine said...

How do I get a job like this?
thanks for sharing
martine

Cathy said...

What a lovely rural outlook you have Juliet and a very interesting job too. I would love to work surrounded by animals. We do have a couple of rare breeds farms open to the public nearby and I love visiting there and photographing the animals.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

What a beautiful, peaceful-looking place. I bet your ratio of high/low stress days is vastly different from that of workers in the cities!

Megan Coyle said...

Wow, what a beautiful place to work. I'm jealous :)

Gillena Cox said...

love the greens; all the best in your new job

libbyquilter said...

what a lucky girl you are to work in such a scenic peaceful place~!~

:-)
libbyQ

The Bunns said...

Work? There? BaWaHaHaHaHa .... 'scuse us.

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Looks like a great place to work. What a stunner the horse with the white face is!

Deb Cushman said...

What a beautiful place to work. You are lucky!

Caroline Gill said...

It looks as though you are settling in happily. What lovely surroundings.

I will let you know when THE book arrives...

We saw our first Redstarts of 2010 last w/e.

Bumpkin Hill said...

I just found your Blog from Cottontails. What a beautiful place to work. Catherine x

Robin Rule said...

i'm moving my typewriter right next to yrs and bringing you tea (or coffee) every morning and emptying yr trash and running off yr copies if only i can come...you lucky woman you!congratulations on scoring such a lovely way to pay the rent. Robin