Thursday 13 May 2010

Unthinkable Skies is launched!


Last night's launch of Unthinkable Skies went very well. The Water of Leith Conservation Trust Visitor Centre was an excellent venue. Colin Will from Calder Wood Press made a very nice introduction. Howard from Belvedere Mountain Express played some wonderful music on his accordion. The audience was good natured and enthusiastic. The wine was good. I was happy too with the way I read - I'm much happier with an extended reading than a short one. Three minutes in a slam and I sink with nerves, 20 minutes or so means I can relax into the reading and enjoy myself.
Thanks to everyone who came along!

13 comments:

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Wish Edward and I could have been there.

Jasmine said...

Congratulations. You look lovely reading your poetry there. I am sure you were well recieved.

PurestGreen said...

I'm so sorry I missed it! :(

Gordon Mason said...

Enhorabuena!

Howard BME said...

And thank you for inviting me! It was a very pleasant evening. Best of luck with the book.

nà from the treehouse said...

Congratulations!!! I'm ever so pleased for you - sounds and looks to have been a fab evening! Well done! Nà x

Titus said...

Sorry we couldn't get across too, but it looks most lovely and I'm really glad you enjoyed yourself.
Congratulations!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I'm glad it went well. It looks like a very nice venue.

The Bunns said...

Ten times four paws times four or five "thumbs" up for the performance!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm really pleased for you. Hope it sells well!

Deb G said...

Wish I could have been there. :)

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Fantastic and congrats! your outfit looks perfect for the occasion.

Golden West said...

Hi Juliet,

I've been out of touch and am late in my congratulations. So glad to hear your special evening went so well - all best wishes!