Sunday 9 May 2010

What to read?

I'm currently putting together the set list for the launch of my poetry pamphlet Unthinkable Skies, which will happen on Wednesday. It's quite difficult to decide what to read and in what order, particularly as Colin Will of Calder Wood Press did such a good job of ordering the poems in the book. It almost seems a shame to put them in a different order. But put them in a different order I will!

If you're going to be at the launch and have a favourite poem from the book you'd like me to read, please let me know before Wednesday morning and I'll try to fit it in!

The launch will also feature music from Belvedere Mountain Express, inspired by the poetry in the book and specially composed for the launch.

There will also be wine and some handmade crafty giveaways.

Launch of Unthinkable Skies - 6.30 for 7pm, Water of Leith Conservation Trust Visitor Centre, 24 Lanark Road, Edinburgh, EH14 1TQ.

Buses: 44 and 34 two stops after Slateford Rail Station if coming from town. 4 one stop after Slateford Rail Station and a bit further to walk. If you're driving then there is a car park at the Visitor Centre.

Unthinkable Skies is published by Calder Wood Press and is available from their website.

6 comments:

Forthvalley scribe said...

Domesticated, definitely. Actually you are a really good reader, so I am sure whatever you choose will go down well. Have a great night!

Gillena Cox said...

best regards; sure you come up with just the right order to wow your audience

much love
gillena

Crafty Green Poet said...

Thanks Elizabeth - well Domesticated is the title poem so I'm definitely reading that!

Gillena - thanks!

RG said...

Knock 'em Dead!

SzélsőFa said...

i'm wishing you success for this exciting event.

Titus said...

Oh best wishes and good luck, and I'm so sorry I can't get across to you. Have a great time, you'll be brilliant!