Friday 6 October 2023

Ironwork Rhodendrons and Autumn Crocuses

 I met a friend for a lovely walk round Edinburgh's Royal Botanic Gardens today. I arrived early and while I was waiting I took these photos of the beautiful ironwork gates that stand at the East Gate entrance to the gardens



Having read the weather forecasts yesterday, I was expecting rain, but the weather was actually beautiful, though worryingly warm for the time of year. We had tea and cake at the Botanics cafe and watched the Mallards and Moorhens at the pond. I didn't get any good photos of the birds, though.

I got a bus back into the town centre and then walked through Princes Street Gardens where there is a lovely display of Autumn Crocuses.






2 comments:

Club Crafteria said...

The ironworks gates looks natural...

Lowcarb team member said...

A very nice walk around both the Royal Botanic Garden and Princes Street Garden.
Those Autumn Crocuses are very nice to see.

All the best Jan