Thursday 18 October 2012

More beaded bookmarks!


Beaded bookmarks now have a section of their own in the Crafty Green Poet Etsy shop. I'll probably add more in the future. Meanwhile here is another selection of designs!

 This design uses pieces from broken jewellery including a clasp and discarded jewellery wire. The wing is detachable so you can replace it with another charm or use it as a pendant! This bookmark features in my Etsy shop here.

 This and the rest of the designs are made using discarded fishing line I found ion one of my weekly volunteering walks by the Water of Leith.






The book is my poetry chapbook Unthinkable Skies.

As ever, red text contains hyperlinks that take you to other websites where you can find out more.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice, very pretty and ingenious.

Kerri Farley said...

What a GREAT idea!!

Sam Pennington said...

These are adorable Juliet, what a good idea!

Ms Sparrow said...

Brilliant use of re-purposed objects!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Such unusual bookmarks Juliet - I have recently given away thousands of beads - wish I had thought of using some in this way!

Bill said...

our conversation
she keeps her finger
in her book

Maybe I should tell her about beaded bookmarks?

Bill said...

Juliet, we must have been posting at each other's blogs at exactly the same moment. The thought gives me great pleasure.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

They are charming! Great idea. (You are so talented.)

RG said...

Good to see. I have lately been thinking a lot about all the stuff we get, use, and then don't want/need anymore or it is beyond repair. What to do with it? Pleasure boats (power and sail) are a good example here. Some are 40 or 50 years old and just not worth tending to anymore. But what to do with them? No one will take on dismantling and reselling/recycling/reusing parts and pieces because they can make more money serving hamburgers or building new modern craft from scratch.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Rabbits Guy - Very good point, I think though that more and more small businesses and individuals are setting up creative recycling projects. I saw recently a company that makes mosaic tile out of old boats (probably boats older than your boats though).