Friday 26 October 2012

Lochend Park

At the moment I'm teaching a creative writing class at the Ripple Project, which is based at Restalrig and Lochend Community Hub in Edinburgh. Just up the road is Lochend Park which is a park I've never really visited before, as I'm rarely in the area. So yesterday, I stayed on the bus for an extra couple of stops and wandered round the park a bit and took these photos.

 The dovecot
The loch


I'll get an even earlier bus next week and wander round the back of the park where most of the trees are and see what I can see there.I'll also try to find the bee cafe, which is a wild-flower meadow created by local schoolchildren to help bees! I'll need to go back in the spring to see it at it's best of course!

I also noticed that Lochend Park didn't have any photos up on the Visit Woods website, so now I've put that right by uploading some of mine!

9 comments:

Dartford Warbler said...

You seem to have found a beautiful wildlife haven at the edge of a built up area. It must be a good place for local people to enjoy some peace and to feel closer to the countryside.

Those grey clouds look ominous. A friend in Orkney tells me that snow is falling there today!

The Weaver of Grass said...

It looks as though one of my grand-daughters might end up living in Edinburgh shortly while he partner takes another degree at his old university. When I read your blog Juliet, I realise that she will be lucky to live there.

Tommaso Gervasutti said...

Great. I will have to save and carry with me all your blog when I come to Edimburgh and...though I am not good at that at all..I must get ready to take photos...
I love dovecotes

EG CameraGirl said...

I like the idea of a bee cafe! Great name and it's great that children helped create it.

RG said...

Peaceful ...

Anonymous said...

What is a dove cot?

Crafty Green Poet said...

Dartford Warbler - it seems to be a very popular park!

Weaver - yes, Edinburgh is a lovely place to live!

Tommaso Edinburgh is certainly a very photogenic city, so yes, bring a camera!

EG Camera Girl - yes the bee cafe is a great project! I hope to blog about it in more detail soon!

Gabrielle - a dovecot is where doves used to be housed in the days when they were eaten.

'Tsuki said...

Sharing your picture with Visit Woods website is definitively a great idea. You are very generous with your art, that is so cool.

I love to come and see what you do on your blog. I don't leave a comment all time, but it is always a pleasure to follow your steps.

eileeninmd said...

Looks like a beautiful park to visit. And a great place to see birds. A visit in the spring time would be great. Lovely photos. Have a great weekend!