Wednesday 25 June 2008

Gorgie City Farm - I've started my new job!

Well I've started my new job with the Federation of City Farms and Community Gardens and it looks as though it will be very interesting - and also hectic! I'm based at Gorgie City Farm, Edinburgh's city farm, ten minutes from our flat. It's a lovely place with a great selection of animals (including a lot of rabbits!) and I hope to post a few photos in the next few weeks. I'll also be visiting a lot of other City Farms and community gardens and will post about them too.

I'm still without a home computer so can't post as often as I would like here but hopefully we'll have a new computer by the weekend.....

10 comments:

Janice Thomson said...

Good luck Juliet - sounds like you'll be happy there.

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Sounds like a lovely job, as long as it doesn't get too hectic....

polona said...

best wishes for the new job... sounds nice

Scot said...

my best on your new adventure

Anonymous said...

Dear Juliet

I don't know why it's taken me so long to realise you're based in Edinburgh, where I lived up until a few years ago - seems a very long way away just now as I'm not even in the UK at the moment. You've stirred up a few good memories, and I'll be looking out for your photos! As a small token of thanks please permit me to share with you a seventeen syllable snapshot of one of my old haunts!

Anonymous said...

congratulations on your new job! and best of luck. :)

this is my patch said...

Sounds like a fantastic job and so close to your home. Just perfect. x

Deb G said...

Congratulations! This sounds like an awesome job....

A Paperback Writer said...

So, if you get a minute, drop over to my blog and leave a comment on how I would get to this place from somewhere central -- like Waverley Station. I might have time to drop over and see it in July or August while I'm in town.
I'm glad you like your new job. :)

A Paperback Writer said...

Thanks for dropping over and giving me directions!