Monday 4 November 2013

Autumn colours

We're having a stunning display of autumn colour this year and in between the rain storms we're getting beautifully still weather with amazing blue skies. Here are some photos from Colinton Dell, Water of Leith earlier today.

 I love how the fallen leaves make little islands in the mill lade above Redhall Mill.

 I love the colours of beech leaves at this time of year (above and below)

I've frequently blogged photos of the wonderful chandelier style catkins of the hornbeam tree, but this is the first time I've taken the photos from this angle.

12 comments:

PJ said...

Thanks for the lovely walk!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

What beautiful scenery all around :)

TexWisGirl said...

the light and color in these is lovely!

The Weaver of Grass said...

I have never seen hornbeam catkins before Juliet - lovely. Beech leaves are my favourite at this time of the year - colourful and yet so durable that they look as though they will last throughout the winter.

Ms Sparrow said...

The shot of the beech leaves is particularly lovely with the interplay of shadows!

Anonymous said...

Most of our leaves are on the ground. I will enjoy yours!

Little Miss Titch said...

pretty,xx Rachel

Caroline Gill said...

Yes, those hornbeam catkins are simply wonderful! What glorious colours.

NatureFootstep said...

beautiful images of your fall colors. I especially like the last two images.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely Autumn colors and the catkins are pretty, they are new to me! Have a happy week ahead!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Beautiful light on perfect Autumn colors. I love the island made out of leaves!

RG said...

Two look like paintings from the Dutch masters ...