Monday 4 February 2013

hanging pot pourri bag

In my last crafty blogpost I asked whether you were interested in seeing 'before' and 'after' photos and possibly having short tutorials for my crafts. The idea was certainly popular and I will try to share before and after photos in future. However I have a backlog of crafting projects to share here, which were started (or even completed) before my last crafty post. (I made a New Year's Resolution to do more crafts and I'm sticking to it, thanks largely to a friend who recently gave me a large amount of crafting materials and to Pinterest, which as I've said before is just full of inspiration for crafting projects!).

Anyway, here is a photo of a pot pourri bag I made recently from fabric and ribbon scraps. It's now hanging in our kitchen and smells delightfully of cinnamon and cloves.



I'm also working on some more pot pourri bags of a slightly different design, some of which will end up in my Crafty Green Poet Etsy shop. I'll share the photo of one of those in the next couple of weeks. Meanwhile I just added another beaded bookmark to the shop, this one with a Russian doll charm on the end of it.

Thanks to my blog readers who have become the first customers in my Etsy shop. It means a lot to me that my items have started to sell!


As ever, red text contains hyperlinks that take you to other webpages where you can find out more. 



3 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Love that pot pourri bag Juliet - what a clever idea.

Ms Sparrow said...

I bet it smells wonderful! And who doesn't love the smell of cinnamon?

eileeninmd said...

I love the scent of cinnamon. Great idea making the hanging potpourri bag. Looks cute too. Have a great day!