Thursday 27 January 2011

Crafty Green Radio

I had an interesting and productive day in a recording studio yesterday, being interviewed by radio presenters from local radio stations across the UK as part of winning the Whole Earth competition to find a green spokesperson. Some of the interviews went out live sone were pre-recorded but have probably aired by now. To my slight embarressment I was described by some presenters as the UK's most sustainable and self sufficient resident, this is not something I have ever claimed though I am delighted to have had such an excellent opportunity to act as a spokesperson for all the sustainable and self sufficient people in this country! It was also very interesting to have the experience of talking to so many radio presenters, I found the whole process a lot less daunting than part of me had thought it might be in advance! There should be a podcast available from the sessions, so if that does become available I'll link to it from this blog.

12 comments:

Raph G. Neckmann said...

Congratulations! I look forward to hearing the podcast.

Mimi Foxmorton said...

Huzzah! And many, many well deserved congratulations! :)

Kat W said...

How exciting. Congrats on getting recognised for your achievements. Look forward to the podcast.

Kat :-)

bunnits said...

Cool!

Titus said...

Wow! and well done. Love to hear the podcast, hope it's available soon.
Having said that, I've just realised I have no idea how to access a podcast. I presume via the internet and a usual PC is OK?

Gabrielle Bryden said...

I think you deserve that title - not many people around go to the lengths that you do :) Can't wait to hear the podcast if that eventuates.

RG said...

Magazine, TV Show, World wide tours, ... and we all knew her "when"!

The podcast will be great!

Glo said...

Sounds like a great day, with some terrific experiences. What a great opportunity to spread your message of sustainability and eco-awareness!

Eliza said...

I'm looking forward to the podcast too! :D

Caroline Gill said...

I wonder how many times, Juliet, I have used the word, 'inspirational' (even if only in my head) as a result of reading your posts! What an experience for you, too.

Lené Gary said...

Happy to hear it went well, and I hope you'll post the podcast link when you have it. :)

Alison Wiley said...

This is fantastic. Congratulations, Juliet! I can only aspire to becoming your counterpart here in Oregon.