Monday 15 November 2010

Gift Box

It's the time of year to start thinking about Christmas gifts. Possibly slightly early to think about wrapping them but a bit of forward thinking may help plan how to reuse materials to wrap gifts! Chocolates and toiletries often come in boxes that can easily be reused as gift boxes. Here, I pasted some gift wrap over the brand name on the box and filled the box with shredded gift wrap that was too torn to reuse.

You can see more of my festive gift wrap ideas by following these links:

Silvery re-used giftwrapping

Green and white reused giftwrap

Fabric gift bags

7 comments:

bunnits said...

We always save gift wrap to reuse, but I hadn't thought of shredding for filler. Great idea. Your box looks great and the shredded filler is as attractive as it is resourceful.

Hannah Stephenson said...

Awesome idea. I was seeing a lot of fabric bags (I think they were Japanese) last year for gifts...I've used reusable shopping bags before.

Kerri Farley said...

That is a great idea!! We are celebrating Christmas with my siblings and parents on the Saturday after Thanksgiving ..... I better get some shopping done!

Draffin Bears said...

What a lovely gift box and so neat when you are able to use a box and add your own touches.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Great idea (and love your new header).

Caroline Gill said...

Another great suggestion, Juliet. I love your frosty header, too.

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

Great idea, I always re-use packaging as much as possible AND gift wrap/bags/bows -- you name it. As long as it doesn't look like it has been used just too many times. :)