Thursday 29 June 2023

Fabric Owls

 A few months ago, I bought a kit for making stuffed fabric owls from a second hand shop. I wasn't happy with the first one I made as the wings didn't work, and so it hasn't got any wings! This one I've kept for myself!

I then adapted the design of the wings, substituting plain felt for the stuffed fabric wing that's suggested in the pattern. 

The fabric I've used in the owls includes some from my own existing stash, as well as the fabric that was included in the kit. I'm giving this owl to a friend for her birthday.

This owl is also a birthday gift, for another friend.

And this owl is a gift for someone else! 

As is this one! 

And this one 

This owl bears a bit of a resemblance to the owl mascot of a certain language learning website

and has made it across the Atlantic Ocean to Canada to a fellow learner of Scottish Gaelic! 

Do you have a favourite? Let me know in the comments!

3 comments:

Sal said...

Brilliant…I had a spell of making owls about 12 years ago now…and I remember I did some blogging about it.

https://salssnippets.blogspot.com/2010/01/what-hootanother-giveaway.html

And here

https://salssnippets.blogspot.com/2010/01/wise-things-are-about.html

I had a lot of fun doing those! I think it’s the primary school teacher in me! LOL! 😁

eileeninmd said...

Love the cute owls!
Have a happy day and a great weekend.

Rainbow Evening said...

pretty little owls....
excellent job