Thursday, 6 April 2017

Reusing old socks

I try to repair my socks before they get to the unwearable stage but sometimes they become impossible to repair. So what to do then?

There are lots of ideas here at this link, I particularly like the idea of using socks as dusters or filling them with catnip and using them as cat toys.

I have recently taken to cutting the elastic part off the top of the sock and using it like this

which is very useful, better than an elastic band! Then I cut up the rest of the sock fabric to use as stuffing for cushions etc.

6 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, looks like a great way to re-use the old socks. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

sage said...

by the time I am disposing of socks, the elastic is so far gone that I doubt it would hold anything together!

Sandy said...

What a good idea! Pretty, too.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Tanks Eileen and Sandy!

Sage, yes that can be a problem, but not generally for us for some reason, our toes and heels go much quicker than our elastic!

Lynn said...

That's a great idea!

Rabbits' Guy said...

Cool. Around here they have been used to mark side trails in walking ares!