Monday 21 July 2014

Tree Following - guest larch

These photos for Tree Following are of a larch in the Pentlands, seen on our weekend walk.



The young cone on the right is almost mature now! I don't know why this cone has a spike of green needles sticking out of the top - anyone have any ideas?

***

Meanwhile, I've been adding more photos to the digital photo download section of the Crafty Green Poet Etsy shop and will continue to add more in the next week or so. 

As ever, red text contains hyperlinks that take you to other webpages where you can find out more.


7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

wonderful cones.

eileeninmd said...

Love the cones, great post on your guest Larch tree. Have a happy week!

Anonymous said...

looks like it's reproducing but is it still on the plant?

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

I think that cones just a free spirit with a spiked hairdo.

RG said...

I think it was over anxious to make a tree!

Crafty Green Poet said...

Gabrielle - it's still on the plant and it's not the only cone I've seen like this,

Rabbits' Gut - definitely!

Maureen - looks like that!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Awesome cones. I used to love collecting them when I was a little boy :)