Saturday 19 July 2014

Pentland Hills in mist

We had a lovely walk in the Pentland hills today. It was very atmospheric with mist everywhere.
 

The scenery here is lovely and the mist only made it more so

The route we took was the "City View Path" which shows how close to Edinburgh this lovely areas is, though of course the mist obscured Edinburgh too!







We made friends with a small herd of Highland Cows, who are I think part of a grazing experiment on the hills, though I couldn't find any more out about that. They're very handsome animals though.....

I've just put another photo of one of the Highland Cows in the Crafty Green Poet Etsy shop.

And on a sunnier day earlier in the week I took some photos which are now over on my Shapeshifting Green blog for Shadow Shot Sunday.

As ever, red text in this post includes hyperlinks that take you to other webpages where you can find out more.

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

such pretty countryside!

eileeninmd said...

The misty views are beautiful. I love the cute Highland cows. Lovely collection of images from your walk. Happy weekend to you!

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Humm. Those cows looked menacingly big when I enlarged your photo to get a better look. I like their shaggy bangs, though.

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit jealous of your walks. Cattle are gorgeous to look at and so many different types.

RG said...

Pretty in the mist ...

Bill said...

what I know
and what I think I know
morning mist