Wednesday 9 July 2014

Basking in the sun

Wonderfully warm and sunny today. The clover and vetch meadow alongside the John Muir Walkway near Musselburgh is full of meadow brown butterflies and I spotted this lovely moth, which I'm pretty sure is a latticed heath.

At the Lagoons I was delighted to see a roe deer bring two fawns to the water to drink, you can see the mother and one fawn on the grass at left hand side of the photo, click on it for a larger view. ( I couldn't get closer or zoom closer, sorry!)

Lots of birds too both on the Lagoons and on the sea. I was so happy to see the young eider ducklings looking very relaxed




***
I'm delighted to be appearing at Walk on the Wild Side, the July literary salon at Golden Hare Books. I'll blog about it more closer to the time, but in the meantime you can sign up to attend via the Facebook event page (and though the event is free you need to book a ticket via Eventbrite).

4 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

I love duck watching! Much fun!

TexWisGirl said...

lovely!

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful shots of the birds and butterfly basking in the sun..Looks like a beautiful day! Wonderful photos.

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Such a lovely shade of blue water filled with cute little quackers!