Thursday 3 October 2013

Hanging pockets for storage

I've been working on this craft project for a while now, I'm not sure why it took so long but here it is!





It's a hanging pocket organiser that will hang on the front of one of our wardrobes. (I hung it by the window for the photo because the light is quite dull today). It's made from a large napkin and fabric scraps and eventually I may decide to change the way I hang it as the clothes hanger isn't quite wide enough for it to hang perfectly, but it will do for now.

I also haven't quite decided what I'm going to keep in it! The photo shows one pocket contains a lovely pair of fingerless gloves that I bought from HandmadebyMariAnne on Etsy (one of whose items I also featured in my latest, music themed Etsy treasury).

I'm a slow crafter so it's probably time to start focussing on Christmas crafts now.....

As ever, red text contains hyperlinks that take you to other webpages where you can find out more.

4 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

The pockets look handy for keeping things organized.

bunnits said...

A great recycling idea, especially as a way to use old hangers!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Neat idea... we use something like that in our camper van...there's no bedside tables, so we hang it on the curtain rack by the bed for book, glasses, kindle, kleenex etc etc....Ours is storebought and not as pretty.

RG said...

We need an "organizer" haiku!