Thursday 18 April 2013

Oven Gloves repurposed into pot stand

I originally bought these oven gloves in a second hand shop and used them for years but recently the gloves themselves become quite raggedy. So I cut off the gloves and sewed wide black bias binding all round the edge. I think this would make a nice pot stand for the centre of a table. Crafty Green Boyfriend suggested it might be a nice mat for a bunny or cat to rest on. It would need to be a pretty small bunny though!

I've not yet decided whether this is going into the Crafty Green Poet Etsy shop.What do you think?

I know that I had said that in craft projects like this I would start to share the before and after photos, but really it may be best in the instance if we don't see the before picture.

I've since bought another pair of oven gloves, again second hand.


8 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I am astonished Juliet that you are able to recycle any part of oven gloves. I use mine until they are absolutely burnt and then (usually when someone is coming for a meal) I buy new ones. I love this and it would indeed make a nice pot stand.

Ms Sparrow said...

Second hand stores are wonderful! I love that you can find treasures you would see nowhere else and at bargain prices!

Tommaso Gervasutti said...

It's a marvellous pot stand, I would like to have your skill in recycling things, I never enjoy when I have to throw something, old and worn out, away!

Oh, sorry for my confusion between town and city in my previous comment. By all means Edimburgh is a city! I should have understood at once you were referring to Musselburgh as a town.

Bill said...

school crafts fair –
a very fine example
of whatever it is

Just riffing on your conversation with your boy friend, and school is out for you.

You have in fact written a delightful narrative, with a nice little twist at the end.

Titus said...

I love toucans!
And we're watching the Great British Sewing Bee and think we can recognise a needle now.

RG said...

We just keep using them .. pretty sad looking, but they work.

Sell it ... (Autograph it too.)

bunnits said...

nice

Greenpatches said...

I'd be unable to resist keeping it for myself!