Thursday 4 April 2013

Another table mat

Some of you may remember the table mats I made recently, you cansee them again here and here. Well I've just finished making another one and here it is!


It's made from reclaimed damask fabric samples, as were the others. This one is more professionally finished off though as I used a length of brown binding that a friend recently gave me as part of a stash of crafting materials. I used this tutorial to make the mitred corners.

I've just added this item to my Crafty Green Poet Etsy shop!

4 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Very nice with the mitred corners, Juliet!

Little Miss Titch said...

I love this,I wonder what a pale yellow with rusty red would look like as that would match my kitchen?

Crafty Green Poet said...

Thanks, EG.

Speedy, that would be a lovely colour combination, but i don't think I've got the right fabrics!

RG said...

Close the closet doors CGP - else a certain dark-nosed white bunny will be delivering material through the secret entrance!

I once had a mitre box for sawing - made quite a few nice picture frames as I recall.