Thursday 14 March 2013

Hanging pot pourri bag



I'm really pleased with this pot pourri bag that I recently made! The material was partly sewn up already with that angled edge at the bottom. I wasn't sure how that would look to be honest but it looks nice specially with the beads hanging from it. Everything here is re-purposed and the colours all look lovely together!

I've hung this on the wall between two doors in our hallway. The hallway has Mediterranean orange walls, which complement the colours in the pot pourri bag perfectly. There's hardly any natural light in the hallway though, so I took the photo in the living room against the less than ideally colour co-ordinated pale lilac wall.

I've got more of this fabric and am making more pot pourri bags similar to this, the first of which is now available in my Crafty Green Poet Etsy shop (UK buyers only sorry, due to international laws governing the transportation of plant parts.)

7 comments:

Ms Sparrow said...

I love how this turned out. It reminds me of the 1920's. Very artful!

Tommaso Gervasutti said...

It looks Mediterranean, Sicilian..and a bit gypsy-like too.
Beautiful.

bunnits said...

Lovely. What a neat idea.

Friend of the Animals said...

Beautiful! I love it. Wish you could ship one to me.

eileeninmd said...

It is pretty and a great idea. I love the beads too.

RG said...

Slick.

Carol Steel said...

Creative and lovely. It sounds like you really enjoyed creating the bag.