Thursday 21 May 2009

Rubha Phoil, Skye




One of the places we visited in Skye, was the wonderful forest garden Rubha Phoil. It's a lovely place to wander round, being a delightful mix of woodland and coast, with vegetable and herb gardens. There's a wonderfully eccentric feel to it, with paths covered in a variety of materials, including one stretch being covered in sheeps fleeces. There is an otter hide, delightfully homemade (watch out for the nails!) overlooking Seal Island. We were entertained by the seals, who were swimming and playing but we didn't see an otter.

10 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

Beautiful to see and what a wonder to see the woman emerging from the tree into the foreground.

Thank you for the comment on my Windows post. Actually, I have thought about writing of the moment. Now might be the time.

Jeanie said...

This looks like a beautiful, indeed almost mystical place. Lovely!

Janice Thomson said...

As always wonderful photos. Love that moss! And what a lovely spot to just sit and admire the wonderful woods around one.

Paul said...

Beautiful indeed. I've been watching a fabulous show on the TV in which some bloke tours the world looking at all the greatest gardens. India, Argentina, Japan. You would enjoy it greatly I think, I do.

Jeeves said...

Lovely pictures

Kay Cooke said...

Thanks for the photos of what I am sure is a beautiful place.

Mistlethrush said...

Makes me wish I was going. Just heard from a friend returning from Mull who saw sea and golden eagles.

Anonymous said...

You saw seals! That's so wonderful!! I think they're really cute creatures, love their faces :)

Caroline Gill said...

This is a place to look out for. I must have been so close last year as we had tea on Armadale pier, and visited the nearby art gallery... We loved the woodpeckers in the grounds at Armadale.

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

Juliet,
How nice to find your lovely site, dedicated to the beauty of this earth. I appreciate your photos of the Isle of Skye. :-) I have heard so much about it but have not witnessed the beauty. Thank you for sharing your soulful experiences with us in this way. I'll be back! I feel like I am witness to a gorgeous travelogue...

Have you ever been to Iona?

Blessings,
Jan