Wednesday 6 August 2008

Arte & Pico Award

I was delighted and honoured to recieve this award from Geoffrey Philp , a Jamaican poet who blogs about the literature of the Carribean and South Florida! The rules are:

1) You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award, creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogger community, no matter what language.
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog so everyone can visit.
3) Each award-winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4) The award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to link to the“Arte y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5) To show these rules.
NOTE: If the awarded blog owners wish to pass the torch to five others please go to http://arteypico.blogspot.com/and read the rules.

I've seen several posts recently about how hard it is to pass on awards because you don't want to leave people feeling left out or overlooked and I agree!. But on the other hand it's an opportunity to point out some favourite blogs that people aren't necessarily aware of and to encourage people to visit them! It's always a difficult choice, and this time I'm going to mix it up a bit, rather than concentrating on environmental and crafty blogs:

PaulS at the shapeshifting Gingatao for constantly doing such wonderful things with words that I never know what to say in the comments section
Alfonso at Paraisos en Obras for making magic with words and for fooling me into thinking I can understand Spanish (this blog is translated into English, so no excuses for not visiting!)
Mistral at Una Teiera per Amica, for sharing such beautiful words and music and for feeding my addiction to Italian.
And the fifth? well you can all share it, because it really is difficult to choose and there really are so many wonderful blogs out there!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Thankyou, Juliet. I am honoured to be included in such esteemed company and flattered and flabbergasted by your compliment. Thankyou.

Lucy said...

You're right about introducing to new blogs, I especially enjoy your recommendations.

mistral said...

Thanks you are so lovely!!!
Sono commossa per questo regalo, ma soprattutto per la persona che lo ha donato. Sapessi come vorrei trovarmi lì da te in questi giorni...qui il caldo mi sta uccidendo e l'Italia sta diventando un paese dove è difficile viverci..I'm dreaming the scottish lands, the green color of its meadows and hte white of its sheeps!
The animal with me in the photo is a dog, a black and white cocker spaniel, so sweetly!!
Kisses

mansuetude said...

hello: thanks for these links, i am going to spend some coffee time checking them out.

Geoffrey Philp said...

Crafty, I will definitely check our these blogs.

Peace,
Geoffrey

Unknown said...

Hey, that is a summer gift!. I am very honoured by your award, although a paradise under construction may noy always be a confortable bird-singing place, I try to receive my guests as best as I can. I hope new exiliated visitors will come now and again thanks to you...

P.S: I just spent 4 days in your lovely country (from Edimburg up to isle of Skye) and, hmm, I still dream with your green country, green poet. May green ever be with us, filling our eyes, our souls.

Best wishes from paradise lost

Crafty Green Poet said...

gingatao - you're more than welcome!

Lucy - glad you enjoy the links!

mistral - prego e molte grazie per i tuoi parole....

Geoffrey - hope you enjoy the links and thanks for thinking of me for the award!

mansuetude - have a nice coffee break!

Alfonso - yes, may green ever be with us! Glad you enjoyed your trip to Scotland