Ten signs a book is written by me
1. It has an appealing cover design, featuring images from the natural world
2. It is produced using recycled papers
3. It is illustrated
4. It contains a fair amount of writing about the natural world or on environmental themes
5. It deals with issues but doesn't rant
6. It is accessible but thought provoking
7. It is mostly poetry
8. Most of the pieces are short
9. There is the occasional surreal or weird piece to change the flow
10. It will probably be sold only at poetry readings and independent bookshops like Wordpower Books in Edinburgh
And if you want to see what a book by me really looks like, I think there are a couple of copies of my old pamphlet Bougainvillea Dancing left to buy here.
How about you? What would a book by you look like? If you answer the questions, come back and let me know so I can see your answers!