Sunday 5 November 2023

Fungi and more on Corstorphine Hill

 We had a lovely walk yesterday around Edinburgh's Corstorphine Hill. We were very lucky with the weather and the autumn colours were beautiful




There were plenty of fungi around, they've probably really benefited from the recent rain! Here's just a selection! I'm not sure what this first fungus is (possibly Rosy Bonnets?), so if you know, let me know in the comments!

The strange looking things below are Golden Spindles

The lovely fungus below is a waxcap, Honey Waxcap, I think, but if I'm wrong, let me know

Here's another waxcap, Snowy Waxcap this time 

and the fungus below is Jelly Ear 

 Someone has put some bird feeders at the 'Rest and Be Thankful'  near the top of the path and we were pleased to see a variety of birds feeding there including this Nuthatch 

3 comments:

Rambling Woods said...

I was able to leave a comment this time after signing into my old Google account, but there are some blogger blogs that I have to use my husband’s PC for. I don’t have problems on WordPress blogs, but I do have problems on many blogger blogs..

Crafty Green Poet said...

Hi Michelle, I have exactly that problem with some Blogger blogs. I need to use a different browser to get round the issue. No problem with Wordpress blogs

Lowcarb team member said...

You were very fortunate with the weather.
Lovely Autumnal colours in your photographs.

All the best Jan