Friday 10 June 2022

North Merchiston Cemetery

I went for a lovely lunchtime walk round North Merchiston Cemetery today. I was happy to notice a good number of bumblebees enjoying the White Clover, including this Buff Tailed (or white tailed?) Bumblebee


 the clover had a delicious scent of honey. 

The bees were also enjoying the flowers of the Fox and Cubs 

and the dog roses are beautifully in bloom 



The lighting went wrong in the photo below, but I quite like the effect

Exploring a local green-space for 30 Days Wild and Nature Notes.
 




3 comments:

Rambling Woods said...

Beautiful flowers...I have trouble on some blogger blogs if I use a browser that has an ad-blocker. I have to use my browser with that disabled. But it is so frustrating and complicated even with my blogger credentials used....Michelle

Crafty Green Poet said...

Hi Michelle, thanks for the tip, I'll check ad blockers. It's very annoying to not be able to comment on so many blogger blogs.

Catherine said...

Hi, beautiful photographs, have you seen any native honeysuckle around Edinburgh?