Tuesday 12 May 2015

Another beaded lanyard

I'm finding increasingly that the best way to design jewellery and other beaded items, is something like this:

go through my list of things I want to make (which includes several beaded lanyards as I happen to have several of the metal lanyard connections to re-use).

look through all my beads, weighing up how many I have of each colour and type:

have a cup of tea and stare into space, though obviously at the minute that means watching the swifts as they fly about out neighbourhood rooftops

after the meditative cup of tea, I usually come up with a design that I can start working on. That's certainly how I can up with this design,



which is now in the Crafty Green Poet Etsy shop, here. You may recognise the orange beads, they came from a necklace that needed to be re-beaded and I've already used some of them to make these curtain tie backs and this bracelet, combining them with orange star beads that came in my jewellery making kit that I bought from The Number One Beadshop when I did my jewellery making course there. The white beads in the lanyard come from my stash. 

4 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Sounds like a fun time while designing your necklace..The swifts are distracting.. Enjoy your day!

Pietro Brosio said...

Yes, a meditative cup of tea helps very much! Wonderful necklace indeed!

RG said...

I stare into space a lot too. Not so much inspiration as you, though. But relaxing anyway!

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

As President and Vice President of the Space-Stare Society, we applaud your methodology.
:) m & jb