Monday 30 March 2015

Celandines

I was walking through Colinton Dell today, listening to all the wonderful bird song and admiring the large number of different species that were braving the rain. I was thinking that I hadn't seen too many celandines this year though. It was only when I got well past the dells and into the more urban part of the Water of Leith in Gorgie though that I saw this most impressive carpet of celandines.

I was also pleased that the Gorgie stretch of the river was today relatively free of litter, it's normally a real litter blackspot.

4 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful sounds and sights! Have a happy day and week ahead!

Rambling Woods said...

So green and vibrant...

Bill said...

In a perfect world, every flower would have a name as lovely as "celandine."

RG said...

Sights and sounds of spring. Maybe the litter-bugs are still hibernating!