Friday 1 August 2014

cafetiere cosy

We had great plans today to go birdwatching at Aberlady Bay, but due to difficulties with bus timetables, not to mention a late start to the day, we never got there and ended up spending the day in Edinburgh, browsing second hand shops and discovering new coffee shops. So it seems appropriate today to share my latest weaving project. I used up several small oddments of wool to make this cosy for my cafetiere.

I don't drink much coffee (I'm more of a tea drinker) and generally use decaffinated instant coffee. However I'm hoping this colourful cafetiere cosy will encourage me to start using shade grown coffee, which is the most environmentally friendly type of coffee, as it grows in amongst other plants and offers habitats for birds.

5 comments:

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Hey Juliet,
I'm a tea drinker, too (with soy milk, no sugar). Coffee is a Sunday treat.
Cute cozy. I usually just throw a small towel over whatever I want to keep warm. No sense of style.

eileeninmd said...

I could not start my day without a cup of coffee. Your cosy is cute.. Enjoy your weekend!

eileeninmd said...

I could not start my day without a cup of coffee. Your cosy is cute.. Enjoy your weekend!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Juliet,

Like the cafetiere cosy - such a good idea. Have a tea cosy but not one for my coffee pot.
Enjoy the weekend
hugs
Carolyn

Deb G said...

Your cozy is wonderful! I like that weaving can use up little bits of things.