Monday 20 December 2010

Green Thing Videos

I won a copy of Watch and Do the Green Thing in a Twitter competition a while back. I have to admit, for some reason I thought it was going to be very 'worthy' rather than watchable so hadn't watched it until a couple of days ago. In fact I was wrong, it is very entertaining and imaginative and really makes the viewer think about how you can become greener in your every day life without preaching at you. The videos use animation, live action and a host of imaginative approaches. They are all very short so there isn't time to go into issues in any great detail but they all make you think, which is a great starting point!

For example Ninjin the Vegetable Assassin takes a unique approach to the issue of seasonal food, while Touching the Stairs has a group of mountaineers trying to reach the first landing in a flight of stairs and Huddle has a group of naked people pretending to be penguins to show what we can learn from penguins about working together and keeping warm. My favourite video is Recycled / Reborn which shows a very creative craft project using recycled trash.

Most of the videos are online, along with a selection of other videos aimed at helping you to become greener. You can watch them on the Do the Green Thing website.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you love twitter competitions. I won some books in a twitter competition (and I hardly ever win anything). Sounds interesting - I will follow the links and have a look see. We have blue skies and cool weather today - yayayay.

Ruthie Redden said...

It does sound interesting, am off foa a peep too! Hope you are keeping warm up there .

Titus said...

Thanks Poet, that sounds really interesting!

Cathy said...

Thanks for that link Juliet. Definitely worth checking out. I like the idea of learning from penguins.

I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and a super green 2011.